Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Going to the "Hills"

This is the day we went to the "Hills" with the "Halls".  They are MLS (member leadership support) Sr. missionaries assigned to the Kilungu Hills.  They live in Nairobi and drive to the hills, 2 1/2 hours one way, ea. and every day, to help the members learn how to function as a branch.  They teach very basic concepts.  This day they were having a community class on families.  Dad and I took some banners, gave short talks, and helped where ever we could. The views were beautiful.  
We gave a ride to this young girl, she is a member of the branch  (Cheyembeke) that we visited that day. This is one of four of the branches the Halls have responcibility for. You can see the roads they travel on every day....five hours everyday.  This, however, is a very good section of the road, it does not all look this good!!  We gave this girl a 3-4 minute lift...not a five hour lift!!


These are good friends, visiting after our meeting.  The sister in the middle is making belts out of the sisel, a plant, as shown above.  This is right in front of the chapel.
This is Victoria.  I helped her with her weekly lesson on the keyboard.  She was very serious when I said I would like to take her picture.  She had only had about 6 lessons. 
She was pretty excited here because she almost got all of the notes right!....almost!
This was the best!  She finally played the simple hymn clear through without one mistake!  She was laughing, she was so happy.  She was great. Simple things often give us the greatest joy.  I hope I never forget the lessons I'm learning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment