Monday, December 5, 2011

Arriving in Nairobi

I am finally caught up!! Our arrival in Nairobi is now in
the right order!! I think from here on I can keep up, but
don't hold your breath!!



These are the first photos I took in Nairobi. These are the
ugliest, meanest looking birds I have ever seen...it's too bad
you can't see them up close. They are huge. They live in the
middle of the city in the tops of these trees. Believe it or not
they are storks! Not the cute things we see in Disney movies!!!

We stayed at the home of Pres. and Sis Broadbent our
first night in Nairobi. They are wonderful of course. They
both know how to laugh!! They are from Pleasant View...up
by No. Ogden...sound familiar Geniel???


These pictures show us getting to our flat.
We had to carry our luggage up six flights of
steps. It seemed like it took us forever. We don't
even notice it now!! Samson (well named) helped
us!!


This is how we spent Thanksgiving. We were all at the Presidents
house. All of the missionary couples came "in" from the mission.
Those of us who live in Nairobi housed them. We had been here
three days. I cleaned our flat...had someone take us to the store
to buy food (We could NOT drive ourselves) and then entertained
a couple from Dar for four days!! We did do a lot of things all
together!! I promise I smiled every minute!!! Hee Hee!!! Oh, and this
is Elizabeth...she cooks and cleans for Sis. Broadbent..Pres. wife! She
has a beautiful singing voice!

1 comment:

  1. I love that the sisters are in pants!! Now I could handle that kind of a mission....maybe. Hey...do storks swoop down from their perch and attack passersby? Just wondering....I'd love to see THAT action shot!! Love ya Frog!!

    ReplyDelete