Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Driving in Kenya!!

Okay...I kid you not...these pictures are NOT
pictures of parking lots...they are pictures
taken straight out of the front window as
we are traveling straight down the street!
If someone needs to go on a side street, they
just go!! If someone wants to park, they park.Bold
If their truck breaks down, they stop...put a few
rocks or branches in the street to warn you,
and they fix their truck. If they think you are going
too slow, they will pass you on either side, and make
a two lane road into a three, four, or five lane road.
If a truck does that and gets too close to a ditch or
drop off....well...he turns over on his side. We have
seen truck accidents every single time we have gone
outside of Nairobi...


....and here is mighty Ron after getting us to
the Service Center in one piece on his
first solo drive!! I was back-seat driving
like crazy...he was responding in kind....
and when we finally made it..we just looked
at each other and burst out laughing!!!

2 comments:

  1. I noticed the white knuckles!! But I have to say....this sounds like MY KIND OF DRIVING!!! Keep on being safe and stay away from those BIG trucks! Love ya--Fish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! And we thought Salt Lake drivers were bad!

    ReplyDelete