Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Educating Children


Please meet our wonderful bishop of the Upper Hill
Ward, Bishop Alamundi. He has a dream. He wants
every child in his ward to get through school. The church
needs its members to be educated. I just want you to know
that you could spend every dime you make helping
someone over here. We can't do that. We are
cautioned and told not to do that, which is really
hard to abide by sometimes. Anyway, our bishop has
a foundation (Set up by a man in Utah) that needs
contributions for "school fees". He makes the parents give as much as
they possibly can, then he tries to make up the difference
with the foundation money. These children who are
members of the church, must be educated to qualify for PEF, which
makes a huge difference in their lives. I have chosen this fund to become
a part of because I agree that education is one of the key ingredients to
helping the members of the church here spread the gospel, as well as
for them to become the leaders they need to become. I promise to not
ask this of everyone every time I post, but I still wanted to throw the
possibility out there. Bishop Alamundi said even a 5 bob is used and
appreciated. That is about 10 cents. Bottom line, IF you feel so inclined,
give Becky a quarter, she will deposit it in my account, and I will forward
it on to the Bishop.....Didn't mean to take this long, school fees are due
the middle of April and just wanted to get the word out...PLEASE do not
feel obligated, or guilty!!! OR pressured...just want to do what I can while
I"m here....Love you all...will post new stuff soon!!

1 comment:

  1. Great cause Linda! I will get Becky some $$$. Although I haven't left any comments...I've loved reading your BLOG. So fun and uplifting. You're having an amazing experience! Miss you! :)

    ReplyDelete