Saturday, December 10, 2011

More of Africa!!

Can you have more than one favorite photo
of Africa? This is on the road out of the village
where the turn-over took place...we had just
given the 1/2 bag of potato chips to that little boy
I told you about...this little one was standing up
by her "house" we stopped and Janet (sis. Tuttle)
handed her this tootsie-pop we had just bought from
Dorothy up the road...It had to be 10 years old, but
we had given everything else away...It took her about
3-4 min. to get the courage to come down to the
road and get the sucker....tears were plentiful for
all of us...even now as I remember....May Heavenly Father
bless and keep this little angel!!.......You couldn't
give me 10 million dollars for the experience we are
having!!!

This is the "Poa"..where we stayed in Eldoret...was like an
English cottage...look close..you can see Elder Pugs..
This is my absolutely favorite Kenyian!! He thinks
I am 50 years old!!...Meet Shadrack, he is the first
counselor in the Eldoret District...He is awesome...has
four children, a brand new baby boy he named after Dick..
Elder Tuttle from Farmington.!!!


These are various clips of this land...Kenya, to and
from Eldoret and Chyulu...You pronounce every
letter...Ell-dor-ette and Chee-oo-loo. I love these humble
people out in the hills (bush), but I feel badly when they
look at us and look frightened...we always ask if we can
take their picture! When we show them the image they
smile or laugh!!







One thing I haven't mentioned...There are speed
bumps everywhere...that would be correct...yes..
even on the "freeway"....really good for a laugh, because
sometimes you don't see them..and whoa lindee...the head
meets the top of the car ceiling with considerable force!!
It is always good for a long laugh!!...anyway....these
sweet people do not let a good opportunity go to waste..
They stand right by the speed bumps to sell their wares..
they know the "smart" drivers will slow down...just enough
to sell you a goody or two...these carrots are really good...
about 60 cents for a whole big bag!!

2 comments:

  1. please tell me your are peeling and boiling all your veggies that you buy off the street....isn't that what they tell all the missionaries? I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you're sharing these experiences with me (is that in incorrect assumption?!). Looks like candy is the stuff we should have put in your suitcases!! Love ya tons and tons and tons!!! BTW...wish you were here...I happen to have two tickets to the concert on Thursday night. I know....that was bad...BAD FISH BAD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda,
    I'm just getting a chance to look at your blog and I love all the pictures - you are definitely having an adventure! How wonderful! Keep them coming and I will check in more frequently. I'm just figuring out this blog stuff too believe it or not.
    I sent an email to your comcast account although I'm thinking that doesn't work anymore. I'm trying to remember the title of that Christmas story you shared with the YW last Christmas. Do you know the title?
    I'm sure you will have a Christmas to remember this year! Love ya, love ya!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete