Thursday, February 21, 2013

Kenyatta National Hospital

This was quite an experience.  Seventeen wheelchairs donated by LDS Charities.  Keep those Humanitarian donations coming!!  Dad is right in the middle.  Can you see him?
"Wheeling" the chairs into the hospital. L to R, Director of Hospital ?(name) (dad asked him how many patients the hospital took care of, he answered: "We have about 2,000 beds, but that isn't counting those who are on the floor!"...also, often you would see two patients in one, single, bed),....Sister Dalley, from Spanish Fork I think, brand new missionary, (arrived the night before), behind her, Elias from the center, Sis. and Elder Harris, took Tuttles place as
 humanitarian missionaries! (from Las Vegas)
This is Franklin.  I don't know why he is paralyzed, but this is when we met him and told him he was getting a new wheelchair. He was a beautiful little boy. So polite and grateful.
Being lifted out of his bed to try out his new wheelchair.
Franklin in his new wheel chair!!!
This is the new wheel chair for Faith. Sister Harris and I took it into her.  Being in the children's ward just about did me in. What can I say?
This is Faith.  She has spina-biphida (?sp)...she was abandoned by her mother...She has a"tube" over her to keep the blanket off of her bed sores because they are so painful. I think she is Masai.  You can see her Masai beads around her neck.  She looked about 7-8, but she is 12.
Holding Faith's hand, saying goodbye.  Saying, "I love you".

No comments:

Post a Comment